I am a senior in college who will be off in the wonderful world of finance come July. While my resume passions include scrupulously watching economic indicators and reading the Wall Street Journal, I could just as happily spend all day reading blogs and sharing my passion for food, fashion, and fun. I chew too much gum and probably write too many lists. I know I don't know everything just yet, but TheGarnetLetter is the beginning of my little thank you note to the wonderful world!
seven stocking stuffers
Hopefully by now you have all of your major Christmas shopping out of the way, but don’t forget about the stocking stuffers! My family always does big gifts first on Christmas morning, then stockings as a kind of “present dessert.” People often underestimate the power of a simple stocking stuffer, but these inspired items can sometimes pack an even more profound punch then any big ticket treasure on Christmas morning… Still searching for stocking solutions? You’ve come to the right place:
1. Hair ties — You can never have enough hair ties. It seems the more you buy, the less you own. They are tiny security blankets; they are universal friendship bracelets; the vacuum loves to eat them and so does the washing machine. Get a set of ribbon hair ties and you’ve just one-upped an already perfect creation!
2. Moleskine notebook — For the creative in the family. Pocket-sized notebooks are absolutely awesome for jotting down appointments, reminders, ideas, and doodles. Who knows? Maybe the next best business will be recorded this Christmas!
3. Socks — You hated getting them as gifts growing up, but now they’re at the top of your list. Literally, socks were on my Christmas list this year…
4. E.L.F. makeup — With Target’s super inexpensive E.L.F. makeup, who cares if you only use it once? This stuff is perfect for throwing in an overnight bag or your backpack for in-between-class touch ups!
5. Essie nail polish — Are diamonds a girl’s best friend, or is nail polish? Like No. 1, you can never have too much!
6. Ear buds — New Year’s resolutions are just around the corner… equipt thyself!
7. Earring sets — Forever 21 has a killer selection of earring sets this time of year and with prices around the $5, these stocking stuffers are a no-brainer!
Hope these seven stocking stuffers give you all the last-minute gift inspiration you need! Ho-ho-ho-ho-holey moley Christmas is close!!
This entry was posted in diy, fashion, party and tagged 2012, appointment, art, backpack, capital region, cat, cat ziac, christmas, diamonds, diy, do it yourself, doodle, ear buds, earrings, elf, essie, event, family, fashion, forever 21, garnet letter, gifts, hair ties, head phones, holiday, idea, inexpensive, jewelry, makeup, moleskine, nail polish, new year, new york, notebook, overnight, party, polyvore, presents, reminder, resolution, ribbon, school, season, seven, shopping, sleep over, socks, sparkle, stocking stuffers, style, target, thegarnetletter, treat, union, union college, upstate, vacuum, washing machine, weekend, winter, work out, ziac. Bookmark the permalink.