Next week I will be turning 22! I actually can’t believe it. But, as is only natural, it is of the utmost importance that share a birthday wish list with y’all. Here’s what I’m lusting after while I’m feeling twenty-two:
Warby Parker Glasses | Statement Necklaces | Tory Burch iPhone Case | Essie Nail Polish | Louis Vuitton Speedy Bag | A Puppy 🙂
A totally reasonable list for a twenty-something year-old, no?
Posted in fashion, me!
Tagged 2014, 22, bag, birthday, buy, cat, cat ziac, dog, essie, fashion, glasses, iPhone, jewelry, Louis Vuitton, nail polish, necklace, pet, puppy, purchase, purse, shopping, speedy, spring, statement, taylor swift, theagrnetletter, Tory Burch, twenty two, warby parker, wish list, ziac
Today I completed my senior thesis. It was seven months of long, hard work, but it is finally done! Finished! Kaput! Done-zo! OVER! I honestly had a really wonderful time working on my thesis (my advisor was absolutely awesome and I really loved the project that I was doing), but it is nice to finally put an end to that chapter… literally! This weekend I’m looking forward to relaxing with friends, reading for fun, catching up on Netflix, treating myself to some boba (of course!), and maybe spendingatonofmoneycauseishouldtreatmyself?!? No, I will show some restraint, but I am definitely, definitely looking forward to becoming a total senioritis-stricken vegetable this spring!!
Who else can check their senior thesis off of their life-long to-do list
(and is celebrating this weekend)?
Posted in college life, me!, party
Tagged 2014, advisor, boba, bubble tea, cat, cat ziac, chapter, college, complete, done, economics, essie, etsy, finished, friends, fun, hard work, march, money, netflix, polyvore, project, reading, relax, senior thesis, senior year, shopping, spring, starbucks, thegarnetletter, thesis, time, treat, weekend, winter, work, ziac
It’s two days before Christmas — no, worse — it’s Christmas Eve and your stockings are still not stuffed. Without some elvish magic, what are you supposed to do? Do not fear! Simply pick up one (or more) of these super easy, last minute stocking stuffers:
(for more stocking stuffer ideas, check here
Posted in diy, party
Tagged 2013, art, candy, candy cane coal, cat, cat ziac, christmas, christmas eve, diy, do it yourself, essie, gum, idea, nail polish, orbit, pens, polyvore, sharpie, starbucks, stocking, stocking stuffers, trade joes, tumbler, winter, winter break, ziac
I’m so blue… in a good way!! I have been completely lusting over this color recently. Maybe it’s because it’s finally starting to feel like spring, maybe it’s because my favorite color is blue, or maybe it’s just because I am craving some shopping ASAP, but all of these fine picks can help you feel blue too:
Avenue Maintain Nailpolish by Essie – $8
Ultramarine Le Pliage Bag by Longchamp – $145
Beller Wedge by Tory Burch – $225
Which purchase do you find totally splurge-worthy? Any other hott colors you’re loving this spring??
Posted in fashion
Tagged 2013, avenue maintain, bag, beller wedge, blue, campus, capital region, cat, cat ziac, college, college life, color, essie, fashion, garnet letter, le pliage, Longchamp, nailpolish, new york, purchase, schenectady, shoes, shopping, splurge, spring, style, thegarnetletter, Tory Burch, treat, ultramarine, union, union college, upstate, ziac
Hopefully by now you have all of your major Christmas shopping out of the way, but don’t forget about the stocking stuffers! My family always does big gifts first on Christmas morning, then stockings as a kind of “present dessert.” People often underestimate the power of a simple stocking stuffer, but these inspired items can sometimes pack an even more profound punch then any big ticket treasure on Christmas morning… Still searching for stocking solutions? You’ve come to the right place:
1. Hair ties — You can never have enough hair ties. It seems the more you buy, the less you own. They are tiny security blankets; they are universal friendship bracelets; the vacuum loves to eat them and so does the washing machine. Get a set of ribbon hair ties and you’ve just one-upped an already perfect creation!
2. Moleskine notebook — For the creative in the family. Pocket-sized notebooks are absolutely awesome for jotting down appointments, reminders, ideas, and doodles. Who knows? Maybe the next best business will be recorded this Christmas!
3. Socks — You hated getting them as gifts growing up, but now they’re at the top of your list. Literally, socks were on my Christmas list this year…
4. E.L.F. makeup — With Target’s super inexpensive E.L.F. makeup, who cares if you only use it once? This stuff is perfect for throwing in an overnight bag or your backpack for in-between-class touch ups!
5. Essie nail polish — Are diamonds a girl’s best friend, or is nail polish? Like No. 1, you can never have too much!
6. Ear buds — New Year’s resolutions are just around the corner… equipt thyself!
7. Earring sets — Forever 21 has a killer selection of earring sets this time of year and with prices around the $5, these stocking stuffers are a no-brainer!
Hope these seven stocking stuffers give you all the last-minute gift inspiration you need! Ho-ho-ho-ho-holey moley Christmas is close!!
Posted in diy, fashion, party
Tagged 2012, appointment, art, backpack, capital region, cat, cat ziac, christmas, diamonds, diy, do it yourself, doodle, ear buds, earrings, elf, essie, event, family, fashion, forever 21, garnet letter, gifts, hair ties, head phones, holiday, idea, inexpensive, jewelry, makeup, moleskine, nail polish, new year, new york, notebook, overnight, party, polyvore, presents, reminder, resolution, ribbon, school, season, seven, shopping, sleep over, socks, sparkle, stocking stuffers, style, target, thegarnetletter, treat, union, union college, upstate, vacuum, washing machine, weekend, winter, work out, ziac
What’s a girl to do when she’s: 1. Stuck inside because of beautiful Sandy, 2. Without power (truly an absolute tragedy, considering a college student’s hierarchy of needs is: food, water, and internet access), and 3. Totally unprepared for Halloween (which is TOMORROW!!)??
PAINT SOME NAILS!!
Here are my D.I.Y. instructions for painting yourself a cat-tastic manicure:
1. Completely remove all old nail polish.
2. Cut and file nails into desired shape. (I prefer to use nail scissors over clippers and always go for a rounded rectangular shape — it’s super flattering!)
3. Paint nails with a base coat. (I love Essie’s sensitivity base coat. Essie’s “Feed Me” is also great for dry nails like mine.)
4. Paint nails with two coats of Essie’s “Flirt” (or maybe a coat of something orange, to make your look extra festive!).
5. Using toothpick or a fine-tipped nail polish brush, paint a half-moon with two triangles using black nail polish at the tip of each of your thumb nails and let dry.
6. Add two white ovals for eyes and let dry. Then, again using a toothpick, add a fine line of green nail polish down the center of each white oval to make those classic purring peepers!
7. Finally, seal in your finger tip artwork with a top coat. (Essie’s “Good to Go” lets me get right back to work without worrying about destroying my pristine manicure!)
8. Flaunt those feline fingers!
I hope this detailed D.I.Y. detour provides you the purrrrfect study break or hurricane distraction! Either way, stay safe dear readers!!
For more nail tutorials, go here or here!
Posted in college life, diy, fashion, me!, party
Tagged art, black, capital region, cat, cat ziac, college, college life, diy, do it yourself, essie, fall, fashion, feline, garnet letter, green, halloween, hierarchy, hurricane, internet access, nails, new york, paint, party, pink, polish, sandy, schenectady, style, thegarnetletter, treat, union, union college, upstate, ziac